Proven Custody Lawyer Assisting with Joint and Separate Arrangements
When parents separate, their top priority should always be the physical and emotional health of their children. At Leigh K. Galyon, APC in San Diego, our firm has helped families maintain strong bonds even after the bitterest breakups. Attorney Leigh K. Galyon is an experienced child custody advocate who has an intimate understanding of the laws regarding legal custody, physical custody, and visitation. In fact, she has been appointed as minor’s counsel in family law matters to protect the interests of children requiring legal assistance.
Our firm deliberately takes on the most complex custody disputes, because we are confident and passionate about protecting your parent-child relationship. Attorney Galyon is an analytical advocate by nature, and she takes her role as a counselor very seriously – for both parents and children. Note that in most cases, courts favor joint parental custody, but if this presents a risk to the child, it is possible to pursue sole custody. Our firm can help you build a strong case for your custody goal and also guide you through special situations like those involving grandparents seeking visitation rights or where conflicts over religion or other serious matters seem intractable. We will work tirelessly to preserve your child’s well-being and your parental bond.
Call (619) 238-1223 or contact Leigh K. Galyon, APC online to get started on your high conflict custody dispute today.
California courts make decisions on legal custody, physical custody, and visitation based on what is in the child’s best interests. According to Cal. Fam. Code § 3011, such best interest factors might include:
- the child's health, safety, and welfare;
- whether either parent has a history of abuse against the child or the other parent;
- the nature and amount of contact with both parents;
- either parent’s history of illegal use of controlled substances, alcohol, or prescribed medications.
Naturally, custody negotiations can become high conflict situations when parents sharply disagree with one another and are uncooperative. Our firm offers strong support in all types of custody cases and can provide effective guidance on:
- High conflict custody negotiations — When children are in the middle of a bitter divorce, it is essential to retain an attorney who can resolve these disputes promptly and successfully. Our firm has an extensive track record bridging the gap between feuding parents and delivering positive outcomes.
- Relocation and modification — In our modern mobile society, there are often compelling reasons for a divorced parent to move or otherwise modify custody arrangements, such as a job change or ailing parent. Whether you’re seeking to modify an existing custody order or strongly oppose one, we’ll protect your rights and keep the focus on your children.
- Mediation — Children are best served when parents maintain a cordial relationship. Through the structured process of mediation, we enable parents to set aside enmity and agree on key points concerning their children.
Conflict between parents can have lasting emotional impacts on the children. This can manifest into problems they face in school, in their extracurricular activities, and as they process their own emotions and relationship with their community. As a result, it is best to work with an experienced custody lawyer who knows how to efficiently handle high conflict disputes to minimize as much of the disagreement as possible. With over 16 years of experience, Attorney Leigh K. Galyon will put her analytical and straightforward legal skills to use to settle your custody issue as quickly and favorably as possible.
An Analytical and Informed Lawyer Guiding You Through Custody and Visitation Rulings
Judges can examine all types of information when deciding custody and visitation. Whether these issues are being resolved inside or outside the courtroom, our firm will take the time to consider factors that are frequently used in these determinations, such as the child’s age and health, whether substance abuse or violence exists in the home, and parenting ability. From there, we will create a thorough strategy to establish the optimal environment for your child and help avoid any unnecessary conflict.
We understand that every child is unique. We do not work with the same blueprint for every case. Instead, we provide individualized counsel throughout the custody process to craft a personalized case that addresses your and your child’s unique needs. Reach out to our firm today to get started on your child custody matter as soon as possible.
Schedule an initial consultation online or at (619) 238-1223 to speak with our team at Leigh K. Galyon, APC.